BR-VM vacuum induction melting furnaces provide superior performance and outstanding durability for all your melt needs, regardless of the size of your foundry. Brother Furnace offer a range of furnace sizes from small induction melting furnaces that meet the demanding requirements of investment casters, specialty foundries and the precious metals industry, to heavy steel shell furnaces designed to provide maximum furnace rigidity and strength for capacities up to 500kgs.
Feature of BR-VM Vacuum Induction Melting Furnace:
1. Max temperature: 1800C
2. Capacity: up to 500kgs
3. Max vacuum: 7x10-3 Pa
4. Frequency: 1500~2500HZ
5. Crucible volume: Customized
Ⅰ. Furnace Main Parts
Tension springs and Rotary sealing bearing
Induction heaterand crucible
Ⅱ. Technical Specifications
Crucible effective volume
Crucible effective capacity (Steel)
As per your order
Max melting vacuum
● Vacuum time: open diffusion pump when preheating is complete, then up to 7x10-3Pa within 30 minutes.
As per your order
Induction copper coil
● 70L/s Double stage Rotary vane mechanical pump
● Dia.300mm diffusion pump, Max. pumping speed: 5000L/s
● Dia.300mm diffusion pump cooling trap.
● Dia.300mm diffusion pump flapper valve + Dia.80mm former pump flapper valve
● Stainless pipe + stainless bellows
Ⅲ. Other Terms
● One year limited warranty with life time support. (Consumable parts such as heater and crucibles are not covered by the warranty, please order the replacement at related products)
Free technical support
● Sample test: We have a sample lab to offer you free sample test. According to your requirement, we can test the material, process, etc. Save your time and money, good for your project.
● Technical consultant: We offer free technical consulting services regarding furnace, heater, heating-treatment, etc.
Ⅳ. Furnace Structure
Vacuum furnace shell
● Furnace Shell is a vertical cylinder with double layer and water-cooling. 304 stainless steel inner was mirror polished; the outer rolled by carbon steel.
● Double layer water-cooling arched furnace cover. Equipped with two tension springs, used to balance the weight. You can open the cover easily. Two tension springs can also provide furnace cover airtight pressure to ensure good sealing.
● The electrode is located in the left side of the furnace shell. It can work as a power supply for induction heater, and also can be as a fulcrum of induction heater and Crucible.
● Electrodes mounted on Sealed bearing, when needed tilting crucible, worker can operate the handle to pour the liquid steel.
● Alloy feeder is located in the center of the cover. Inside the feeder there are six cubicles (material of one cubicle is placed in the tipping bucket), the material can be fed into the melting crucible by outside operating handle.
● When turning the feeder hand wheel every 60 degrees, there is one cubicle material fall into the tipping bucket inside the furnace cover.
● Feeding tipping bucket is equipped with damping plate to prevent materials falls too quickly. To shake the joystick (outside the furnace cover) gently, you can control the speed and quantity of the material fall into the crucible
● The furnace cover is equipped with an observation window, easy to observe the performance of the furnace.
● Active baffle plate is installed under the observation window, to prevent glass from burning broken and getting dirty by accumulation of metal steam.
● Baffle plate moves away shortly only when observing, controlled by the handle outside the furnace cover.
● Induction heater consists of a rectangular copper tube, through the two mating nuts fixed on the electrode, easy to disassemble.
● Suitable crucible can be placed inside the heater. You can also make the crucible according to the inductor inner wall. The material of crucible is up to the melting metal.
● In front of the melting crucible, and at the bottom of the furnace shell (where place the ingot mould), there is a circular pipe. On the pipe, there is a circular shelf to place ingot mould. Normally, ingot mould is placed on this shelf. When you need to cast the slender ingot, you can remove the shelf and put the ingot mould into the circular pipe, place it on the water-cooling cover. If you have some special needs, you can replace the water-cooling cover into a suitable water-cooling ingot mould.
On the right side of the furnace exhaust pipe, temperature measuring device is fitted. When you need to measure temperature, just pull up the spring latch, turn the handle, the thermocouple tip will insert in the liquid metal. Quartz protecting tube for thermocouple prepared by the user.
Medium frequency power supply and Water-cooling
● Medium frequency power is 1500-2500Hz. To compensate for low power factor, the system is equipped capacitor.
● The medium frequency current of furnace was sent to inductor through the outside bus-tie and water-cooled medium frequency cable. Cooling water of medium frequency cable was directed by control valve on the furnace base.
● Vacuum system directly connect to exhaust port on the furnace shell. The system includes oil vapor diffusion pump, two stage rotary pump, valve, pipeline, etc.
● The vacuum system has a 0-0.1Mpa pressure gauge, to check the rough vacuum and negative pressure of protective atmosphere.
Ⅴ. Standard Package
Ⅵ. Optional Spares
Vacuum pump oil
Ⅶ. Stander Model